• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A tight fit is good but . . .

Vinyldog

What size sledge-hammer is generally recommended to drive HP media handling spindles into the core of Grimco's Forward-13 Banner material?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
What size sledge-hammer is generally recommended to drive HP media handling spindles into the core of Grimco's Forward-13 Banner material?

Uh oh....we just got a roll of this stuff. Gonna be a problem?

jayhawksigns

The only issue I have had with our L25 was been the extra core hanging out on the right side. Pushes the media too far to the left to use the 54" spot on the spindle but gives us vacuum issues if we use the 60" spot. Most reliable banner for the price that we use though.

Vinyldog

Neiko 02847A Tools Dead Blow Hammer, 2 lb, Neon Orange - - Amazon.com

To reverse: pull the pole all the way out, without taking the spindle off, and use the end of the pole to ram the spindle out of the tube. A daily chore for us.

Hang on, have to recover page - Whoa, didn't think I would actually get a suggestion for the hammer. I just detached the rubber friction bands on the drive spindle. The one on the other end wasn't a problem.
But I might use that hammer to fix the problem with this computer ( page recovering again ).

bannertime

Hang on, have to recover page - Whoa, didn't think I would actually get a suggestion for the hammer. I just detached the rubber friction bands on the drive spindle. The one on the other end wasn't a problem.
But I might use that hammer to fix the problem with this computer ( page recovering again ).

Yeah, I was just kidding. I may keep a hacksaw near by to cut off that inch of tube though.

Vinyldog

It's also is not a problem on every roll. And I am also pleased with the material that's why I overlook the core situation. I haven't found the protruding core to be a problem. Seems like the printer knows where the edge is.