• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A website link for the logo in JPG frustration

JBusch260

Yes, the thought has crossed my mind to send this in response to JPG formatted logos that are sent to my inbox. Seems nice and simple enough anyways.

I got a smirk out of it, hoping you all enjoy as well...

http://nojpeg.org/

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Good thing I avoided all that by designing my logo in PowerPoint and saving it out to a windows .bmp file......

wayne k
guam usa

GypsyGraphics

good thing i avoided all that by designing my logo in powerpoint and saving it out to a windows .bmp file......

Wayne k
guam usa

:roflmao:

the white background is a hassle but there's no fixing the poor image quality. what i find most frustrating of all is... knowing there's a nice clean vector file somewhere (or at least there was at some point) but no one knows where it is. the crappy jpg they save but the useful file... poof!

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
:roflmao:

the white background is a hassle but there's no fixing the poor image quality. what i find most frustrating of all is... knowing there's a nice clean vector file somewhere (or at least there was at some point) but no one knows where it is. the crappy jpg they save but the useful file... poof!

My business thrives on this problem. I know many of the files i convert from a jpg or png to a vector already exist in its' original beautiful vector format somewhere

peavey123

While going through that, I couldn't help but think that just because you get an EPS from your customer doesn't mean it's vector, good quality or have a transparent background. Haven't you ever asked your customer for an eps and they just convert that crappy jpeg into a EPS? haha I know I'm sorry I'm being cynical or stuck on the specifics...but it really is just a file type that can contain vector and bitmap.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
While going through that, I couldn't help but think that just because you get an EPS from your customer doesn't mean it's vector, good quality or have a transparent background. Haven't you ever asked your customer for an eps and they just convert that crappy jpeg into a EPS? haha I know I'm sorry I'm being cynical or stuck on the specifics...but it really is just a file type that can contain vector and bitmap.

I'm going through this right now. My customer is a warehouse for Microsoft and MS wants them to put up (12) 9' wide MS logos in cut acrylic at different warehouses across the country. The only file they have provided is a non-vector eps.

gabagoo

I was thinking the same only because I get those too!!!

VTG

Bingo ... exact same thought went through my head ... happens all the time.

WildWestDesigns

My inbox is filled on a daily basis of jpgs.

For what I do, it doesn't bother me as much as some, as long as it is of good resolution (which can be hit or miss at times).

After I'm done with it there are options as to what it becomes from there on.

Now, thumbnails (particularly ones taken from google) are the bane of my existence.