• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A week ago yesterday........

Marlene

congrats! enjoy every minute as it goes by so fast. my "baby" just turned 30 in Oct. and it still feels like just yesterday that I held her for the first time. enjoy!

Latigo

You know I was just thinking about how fast the time does go by. Julian is 5 already and it seems like such a short time ago he was still in diapers. Dad talks about how fast it passes and it reminded me of one of his Chronicles. Winter's here now and I think he wrote this one just about this time of the year with the first snowfall long ago. He still misses us being kids.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lost Prairie Chronicles #1

I remember how Rosemary and Latigo would wolf down their breakfast, wipe mouths with the backs of their hands and run out the back door in their self-dressed, mismatched clothes....... heading for the back of the place.
Thats where the spring was, near the huge Blue Spruce, out of sight just over the rise near the pasture. Watching them walk home at the end of the day I could only imagine what they had been playing at back there, clothes wet and dirty but with glowing faces I could only envy. How many summers did they do that before the old Blue Spruce and the spring waited in vain for their return.
Now the tall grass returns each year around the spring, and Rosemary and Latigo aren't there to keep it trampled down with whatever games they played on the banks.
There are several small Blue Spruce trees growing on the sun side of the old tree now. They're covered with snow this morning, branches sagging with the weight. Winter has returned to Lost Prairie.

I mentioned the spring and the old tree to Lat this morning, and he feigned not remembering those days with Pooh at the spring, but his eyes stayed on mine just a bit too long, and I knew he did remember. He virtually runs the studio now, but its not hard for me to look at him and still see Pooh and him running out the back door, headed for a serious day at the spring at the back end of the place.

Rosemary looks better these days. She's been removed from being classified as anorexic again. God, how I miss those days when they had nothing more important in their lives than getting up and heading for the spring.

Keep your children close. They're only children for such a short time.