Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aaarrrrrgggghhhh!!!!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by WildWestDesigns, Sep 2, 2011.

1. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    Why do people insist on saying "1st Annual...."? I don't care if "you" plan on it becoming annual, it may not happen. Wait until it makes it to the next year.

Tags:
  2. slipperyfrog

slipperyfrog Active Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I always tell them just to call it 2nd annual & not tell anyone. Then they don't look so stupid with "1st annual" noobness.

3. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Man, you have to be very careful with the spelling when you type in "1st Annual" into Google to see how others use it.......

4. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN

Nah, I wing it. If they are actually using "1st Annual" then they shouldn't be bothered with a little thing like spelling.

5. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    Convince them of the practicality of just using "annual" until it's a really significant year, like 5th. By then they will need a new banner/corosign anyway.
    Love....Jill

6. weaselboogie

weaselboogie Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Us
    That's a pet peeve of mine also. I know a lot of 1st Annuals that never made it to the 2nd year.