• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions About make some purchases.

thcgraphics

Hi, I’m getting ready to buy my next round of printers. Right now I run a Roland xr-640 and do mostly print and die cuts. As my business is nothing but die cut stickers.

I want something next that can do die cuts but at better quality, with special affects. For instance printing on clear (white ink) printing on halo graphic material. Another thing that is sometimes tricky on the Roland is getting small text prints to come out clean.

What do y’all suggest, Latex, Foils, eco-solvent but has print better than the Roland XR-640.

Thanks for y’all input.

player

Have you seen this?

http://newsolution.eu/project/ns-atom/

NS_ANT.jpg

Last edited:

Dawn N

Sign Owner
Hi Guys, I'm still getting use to doing a search for something and looking for anyone that may be able to help me. I'm looking how to order templates for vehicles and motorcycles to wrap, it will be greatly APPRECIATED!!!! Thank You very much!!!

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Orange button on top right that says "Search", type next to that where it says "Seach Signs101..."

Robert Gruner

thcgraphics,

If you insist on print&cut from same device, you are pretty much limited to Roland and Mimaki for Eco-Solvent or the 54" thermal resin print&cut from Airmark. Based upon your requirements for white ink and print quality as good or better than your Roland, I would suggest you look closely at the Epson SureColor 80600 bundled with a Summa S2 roll cutter. I believe you would get higher performance than your Roland at a lower cost. Considering the investment you are about to make, I would suggest you plan on attending the SGIA Show in Las Vegas the middle of next month where you could see ALL available print&cut solutions.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I think if white is important to you, you should go with a UV printer. Mimaki just came out with it's UCJV series Roll to Roll print/cut printers and we have a demo in our showroom right now. We printed on special effect vinyls and they turned out really cool and with the white we can make some really cool effects by adjusting where the effect shows through and where it doesn't using the white ink. Neither solvent or latex white will compare to UV white. If you want to print on clear and specialty vinyls, you won't be disappointed by the output of this machine. As stated above, head over to SGIA and see things in person. It's hard to trust the literature that is out there and strangers on the internet like me. Seeing it in person is the best way to get a feel for what it can actually do.

AKwrapguy

Hi, I’m getting ready to buy my next round of printers. Right now I run a Roland xr-640 and do mostly print and die cuts. As my business is nothing but die cut stickers.

I want something next that can do die cuts but at better quality, with special affects. For instance printing on clear (white ink) printing on halo graphic material. Another thing that is sometimes tricky on the Roland is getting small text prints to come out clean.

What do y’all suggest, Latex, Foils, eco-solvent but has print better than the Roland XR-640.

Thanks for y’all input.

It all depends on what you're looking for and your budget. For me, if you want to print onto clear and use white, the Gerber/omega (composer) setup is great. The new caddy system is nice, but the whole system in actually pretty built proof. If you take the time and maintenance them, they last for a long time. Some of our 15" plotters are over a decade old. You are limited to size when it come to the foil machines so this is something to think about.

As far as digital, we went from solvent to eco-solvent and recently to latex and I really enjoy the latex machine.

Something else to look at would be to get away from the 2 in one machines, after all you can't cut while you print and vice versa. Look at getting a quality plotter as it will save you a lot of time down the road. Most of my experience is with Graphtec and for the most part they're pretty solid machines but from what I understand Summa's are also great. Look at different rip software as well. There are many out there and they offer free trials.

If your issue is small text coming out clean, depending on the size of the text, this could be a simple head issue. They could be out of alignment, clogged, damaged, dirty, etc. Also remember that heads on all printers are consumable and not all are created equal. While heads for solvent printers can be expensive they are often cheaper than buying a new printer. Reach out to a tech to maybe take a look, or post a picture on here and ask for possible problems and solutions.

JLevesque

Im in the same boat actually. Im about to purchase the Gerber edge, I just wish it was able to print wider. Ideally Id love to be able to print around 30" or so with the speciality vinyls and white.