• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Accepting Credit Cards

mark in tx

You could just google up "merchant services" and start setting up appointments with your local people to get the best deal.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I accept mine through merchant warehouse. I shopped around and they seemed to have the best deal. I considered Costco, but did not want to pay for the executive membership. Plus they wanted to charge a one time setup fee for the virtual terminal. I do not have a machine since i don't ever have the card in hand to swipe

You can email them your current cc statements and they can most likely give you better rates. If I ever have an issue they reply by email or phone in less than 1 day

DO Grafx

I use my local bank. It seems silly to pay a third party a fee to deposit your money into your account. Try going to your bank and see what they can do for you.

binki

All cc processors are scammers. That said, we use Sam's Club. 1.64% + 19c per transaction and 25c closing cost. There are minimums to meet. Very good customer service. If you don't need a terminal then paypal is about 2%+ and 30c/trans with no monthly fees.

RJ California

Most of my clients still pay by check because we have a long established billing relationship with most of them.

I've accepted CC for for several years though. I have the Costco setup with the swiper and printer now. The rates are good.

Vinylman

THANKS to everyone who has responded.

The information is being processed today.

i hope others will or are also benefiting from all the responses.

gerald

The big money maker for credit card companies is charging you fees. Look on your statement for monthly fees. You can and should get a rate of 1.5% or less. If your monthly fee is over 5.00, it's too much. Don't sign up with someone who calls you on the phone and wants to charge you 49.95 a month for a machine. You can buy a new or used machine outright. Don't lease it!! The money goes in the salesmans pocket. Your financing his income.

Go to your bank, tell them you have a machine, they will have you bring it in or have someone come out and program it.

If they won't do that, call someone else, like North America Bank Card. They are online. Don't have the number handy. They will reprogram your machine for 75.00 I think and take care of your transactions.

trakers

Never accepted cards, never will. 70% of our transactions are check, 30% are cold hard jack.

In over 2 years never even had a customer ask to use a CC.

Difference in rural vs big city I guess. Of course if you are gonna do Internet sales then you would have to take them (and the chargebacks that come with them.)