• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Accepting credit cards ?

splizaat

I think a few people on here use this: http://www.squareup.com/

Been using square up for MONTHS and love it. Automatically dumps into your bank account, free card reader, no setup fee, no monthly fee. AND they just lowered their rate to 2.75% to accept any card with no additional fees...

AWESOME for mobile installs. I swipe it right after I'm done and off I go. Money in the bank.

thewvsignguy

Intuit here for the CC payments and 100% satisfied. Use their register software, card swipe, receipt printer and cash drawer too.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
What about Square's online processing? Anyone have experience with that? They say 3.5% + 15cents. Is that for every card? Currently I know my %'s vary depending on what kind of card it is. Those rewards cards cost more. I think I see about 10 different percentages of fees, all close but they do vary. I also pay about $4.95 additional each month for taking Amex

dms505

Another vote here for Square. I'ce been setting up an tournaments and things doing custom decals and I've probably made 1/3 of my sales through credit cards that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Those type of sales usually tend to be much larger also. However I realize this may not be as helpful for someone running a larger shop. 2.75% for multiple large transactions would be well over 50/p month. But I would definately have something where you could use a mobile option.