• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Accessing Secret Menus?

Biker Scout

Well, here we are Thursday Night / Friday AM working all night to complete a job, that of course, as you all know, needs to be completed by Friday.

We are having a problem with our 1204 and the coded ink chips.

Everything was going along just fine when we started hearing the beeping for low ink. Not a problem, we've got back-up and more arriving tomorrow. But what's this? Magenta near end? Impossible... new cartridge. Bah... remove, re-insert. OK, use other cartridge... *WTF* "Not Original Ink" Oh yeah? Says Mutoh on the damn cartridge!

So we put back in the other "new" one and finish out a panel on "warning" mode. Turned the printer off/on, etc... no results. Well, 550 sq. ft. left to print, and we can't really wait on UPS tomorrow for the new cartridges. That is why we had two back-ups waiting in the wings.

So my question relates to Mutoh's Knowledgebase Website: http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/5/

When we first got our printer, we had a minor issue that was resolved over the phone with a tech and he had us access a secret menu by holding a series of buttons. There was some pretty cool tools within that menu, and I'm pretty sure diagnostics was in there. Anyway, if I recall correctly, there's a "Reset Ink Fill Status" button in there. I'm thinking that's what I need to hit to be able to continue on. Now we didn't let the cartridge run completely out. (Not out of ink, because it's actually full) But to the point where it reads on the smart chip that it's empty.

Is there anyone up this late that knows how to help us?

Thanks,
The Red Eye Crew

MacDaddy

Try This:

1. Hold down the UP, DOWN & RIGHT arrow buttons at the same time, and power the machine on.

2. Press the RIGHT arrow button until you see ** CHECK 8 PARAMETER ** and press ENTER.

3. Press the RIGHT arrow button to UPDATE, and press ENTER.

4. Press the RIGHT arrow button to ** UPDATE 6 **, and press ENTER.

5. The LCD display will say: USER / INIT: NOT CHARGED, Press the DOWN arrow until you see CHARGED and press ENTER.

6. The LCD will say ‘UPDATE PARAMETER?’ press ENTER

Color Dude

Yes that is correct...

Biker Scout how did it work out, did it solve the problem?

Also understand that if for any reason you have to remove and re-insert the same cartridge to many times it will wear the brass area down on the chip and will result in errors.

Biker Scout

Hmm.. so the little fit I had by aggressively asking whether or not my machine liked one way or the other, and sliding the cartridge back and forth rather vigorously probably won't help my situation? :Big Laugh

I will try that menu adjustment. Thanks. Obviously, we made it though by waiting out the UPS guy. But I do want to resolve that cartridge issue before I'm forced to send it back.

Thanks all.

Biker Scout

When I got to the charged parameter and pressed enter, the thing that blinked real quick was parameter uncharged or unchanged. There was no hitting enter after it said that. Card still thinks I'm out of ink.