• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

accidentally printed on auto mark film question

gabagoo

I accidentaly printed bin decals (12" x 16" x50) using General Formulations Auto mark wrap material. Should have been regular 3ml film. The Auto mark is a 2.8 calendered product and I was wondering if it would be OK to use a regular 3ml calendered laminate, or do I have to continue with Auto mark laminate. Would be nice to try and save a few bucks if the 3ml will work OK.

dale911

President
It will be fine. Auto mark is a calendared film and your lam will be a calendared film as well. You can put cast lam on calendared but you can’t put calendared on cast. The lam will shrink and pull up the vinyl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gabagoo

I suppose I could have but in the end I used the auto mark lam. It is a polymeric adhesive where as I think the cheaper 3ml lam is a monomeric. better safe than sorry...the guy is getting a great deal