• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

accidentally selected "pump up" on versacamm

Porsche032

Hey guys I accidentally selected "pump up" from the ink control menu on my versacamm sp-540V it drained 2 of my cartridges and I cant stop it. I turned it off and on and it keeps asking what kind of ink I am using. When I select eco sol max it says drain bottle and it sounds like it starts pulling ink again. How can I make it stop? Thanks for the help http://www.signs101.com/forums/images/smilies/oops.gif

CheapVehicleWrap

Did this on my Mutoh when I first got it. It drained 4 starter cartridges. $250 literally down the drain. I learned from Sign Warehouse to not do that.

sfr table hockey

I had tried to turn off the machine, pause it etc. and nothing else worked.

On the older Rolands this works.

I just unplugged the pump lines from the capping station and turned the printer back on and let the pump run for the time period it needed to pump. After that the pump up stoped and I put the lines back onto the capping station.

Again on the older Rolands it pumps for a time period not volume.

CheapVehicleWrap

Ohh yeah after it ate my 220s, I was hesitant to put the 440's in. Like the second time you put your tongue on a 9 volt hesitant.

kffernandez

why do they even have that option? i'm sure glad i never experimented with it. :(

Like the second time you put your tongue on a 9 volt hesitant.
drat. for some reason, i can't remember why i stopped doing it. but i faintly recall that it was a pretty interesting feeling.

phototec

Two lessons learned:

Don't accidentally select "pump up" from the ink control menu.

Always have extra ink cartridges on hand, never know when you will have an accident.

:frustrated: