Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accidently deleted a cut file in Wasatch

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by custom sign center, Mar 4, 2013.

1. custom sign center

custom sign center Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Idaho
    :Oops:
    I thought I had all my decals cut in a large order I'm doing and it turns out I was wrong. I'm running Wasatch 6.3 and was wondering if there is a way to send only the cut portion of a print/cut file so I don't have to reprint the entire batch of decals again.
    Thanks in advance.

2. x2chris7x

x2chris7x Active Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Louisiana
    I have done this... Not sure if this is the correct way, but it worked for me... While your printer is asleep (we use Mutoh 1614) send the print file as you normally would. The printer should not receive the file or start printing, but the cut file should be created and placed in the cut queue.... Let me know how this works for you

3. Jester1167

Jester1167 Premium Subscriber

If I remember right, you can print to a file and it will produce a cut file.

4. MikeD

MikeD Active Member

Oct 25, 2011
    send the same layout to your printer again. watch the cut queue to be populated with a new cut job and then kill the print

5. custom sign center

custom sign center Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Idaho
    I'm not sure what you mean by "asleep". Do you mean turned off? I have a Mutoh 1204.

6. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    You should be able to "RIP only" which will rip the print and cut files to the Que. *Trick will be whether or not you can remember EXACTLY how your layout was done in the layout screen. If you allowed Wasatch to space it out, you should be fine. If it was manually done, you're probably S.O.L.