• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

accuracy problem with D160R

bigben

When I use the print & cut feature, I don't have any problems. But If I cut a 48in X 120in rectangle of a 54in roll, I ended up with a 48in X around 119,5in. So I'm 1/2in short.

What is wrong and how do I fix this? Thanks.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi BigBen,

What type of material is it you are using? Also, what software are you using for design and cutting?

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

FrankW

Try X-Calibration. You'll find it in the plotter menu. A line will be plotted, measure it and if neccessary correct the value shown on the plotters display. Be shure that autoload is activated. If using heavier rolls, use the media flanges too.

120in should be in the plotters range of repeatability, if everything is ok.

bigben

Hi BigBen,

What type of material is it you are using? Also, what software are you using for design and cutting?

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

Hi Phil,

My material is Mactac frosted vinyl. I'm using illustrator for my design and winplot (in the illustrator plugin) when I just do cut vinyl. If I do print & cut, I'm using Caldera.