• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Accurate cuts HS15 Plus

Jase

I'm cutting some self cling at the moment and the blade does not seem to close off cuts around a shape. We are finding that it will not weed cleanly and needs to be eased off.

The machine is lubricated correctly, I have tried a new blade and it is set for the correct material in Omega. The theta belt is also in good condition.

I am thinking that I should try to reset the home for the machine by adjusting the head and testing?

Has anyone had this problem and fixed it successfully, it's annoying and slowing us down.

Thanks for any advice.

Jason

Jase

Perhaps I can re-phrase the question/problem. How accurate does the head need to be? I.e. will there be cutting issues if it is set to 9:00, will a slight adjustment either side of 9:00 improve or make the cutting worse?

Thanks

Jase

Just to update, problem solved, no need to worry about the Theta belt as it is being run in swivel mode. I have to thank Harry from Mathius blades in the UK for the time he spent talking me through possible problems. He only called to check if we needed blades and an hour later we had the machine working perfectly. We cleaned all sprockets using the body of a BiC biro with slots cut into it to act as teeth (thanks Harry, cleaned the whole machine in less than 5 minutes using this method). Blade re-seated and holder cleaned. This machine uses a tensioner to control the vinyl. We slowed the machine down to 80% and it is now working perfectly - Phew!

Hope this helps anyone in the future.

Tel

Hi
Can you explain this method of cleaning the HS15 with the body of a bic biro I have never hear of this method before and it takes me ages to clean the sprockets of our HS15.
regards
Tel

Jase

Very easy, just take the nib out and the ink 'straw' with it so you are left with the shell of the pen, cut small grooves into the top, the hole is just slightly larger than the sprockets and then just slide it over each sprocket and grind them off. Very quick, did all of ours in a few minutes.

Used to be frustrating.