• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Achieving Vibrant Colors with ES3 Inks

Blazing_Murph

Hey Everyone,

Im working on a project currently where the client is looking for a graphic using Pantone 1505C. I run a Mimaki JV300-160 with ES3 inks and Im having a hard time getting any vibrant oranges. I have a CMYK setup and im starting to wonder if my setup is capable of hitting that 1505C color range. The blue in the graphic [Process Blue] is accurate with my current color profile. I guess my question is, is there any tweaking I can do to my profiles to achieve that color or will ES3 inks just not reach that vibrancy

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
Just print any pantone booklet so you will have an idea about gamut and achievable colors along with theirs mixtures

Superior_Adam

good oranges are very hard to hit using CMYK inks. Some printers have now added Red Green and Orange inks to hit a better gamut

Blazing_Murph

Thanks for the replies. My client is pretty adamant about the color match on Pantone 1505C. Does anyone happen to know a wholesale printer that will run accurate color matches for your files and ship them? We just tried using signs365 and asked them to color match and the results weren't much better than what we can produce. Any help would be appreciated, thanks again everybody!

netsol

Thanks for the replies. My client is pretty adamant about the color match on Pantone 1505C. Does anyone happen to know a wholesale printer that will run accurate color matches for your files and ship them? We just tried using signs365 and asked them to color match and the results weren't much better than what we can produce. Any help would be appreciated, thanks again everybody!
MY SUGGESTION would be to contact wyldgfi
see if bill can do this for you
he is local to you (linden) which should be a big plus
we have ALWAYS been happy with his work, (i have not had to do a pantone match, but, i am sure he will discuss with you
they are a very reliable trade printer