• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Acid protection for safety signage

Stevealex

Hello, Recently I was in a meeting with a prospective client that could potentialy make large orders on safety signs. The one thing that was of concern to them was that the signs had to be able to withstand the environment which contains acid and and various chemicals used to process copper from the mines. I was hoping to find something in liquid form as I do not have a laminator, but so far I have only come across ones like superfrog and clearshield which dont seem to be resistant to that harsh of an environment. Has anyone come across this problem and found a workaround?..... Thank you!

AUTO-FX

Can you make a deal with a local autobody shop to clear them with urethane? Or would you want to order a two part urethane automotive clearcoat and spray them yourself? That's really your only alternative in a liquid form. Call the local auto paint supply jobber for product info, they'll set you up with what you need.

Stevealex

Thaks Guys, These are good ideas, and I used to work at a body shop so I may be able to work out a deal with them if I go that way