• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

acm cutting

I am having a heck of a time trying to cut this A.C.M. board and get it square and to size. The cuts are not as clean as the factory cut and i really don't care for them. Any hints into a trick or a place near Franklin, Ohio I can take this to have it sheared?

Moze

Precision Sign Services
What are you using to cut it with?

A jig saw, table saw, or circular saw (all with metal blades) or a router will work fine.

yes. the cutting is only part of the problem. The blade goes through it like its butter. I think its my saw that may be off. So this is the way everyone does it? with a table or circular saw? Seem fine, A shear would do the cut with out all the material loss or mess. I'll make it though this one and look into a shear.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Not an abrasive wheel. You need a saw blade for your table saw or circular saw that is specifically made for cutting metal.

Keep in mind, if you cut it with a shear, your top edge will typically be turned down slightly from the pressure of the blade. That's why the preferred method is to use a saw or router.

SIGNTIME

yea the keencut is nice we only have the 65" but it makes cutting most substrates a breeze especially yard signs mount 4x8 with vinyl and load them in the keencut using the guides i can cut up 100 yards signs in under an hour.... and now for the hijack... latley when cutting acm on the keencut it has been wrinkling the vinyl on the edge that was cut it been happening a while so i replaced the twin wheel blade with acm blades and the problem is still there so now im think it is the vinyl (oracal 3551) anyone else have this issue?

SIGNTIME

yea I'm gonna test it with some other vinyl now that im thinking about it it doesnt do it with cast cut vinyl

SIGNTIME

we recentally switch our laminate from 290 to 210 for signs which is a thicker lam i think that may have something to do with it.... sorry OP for the hijacking