• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ACM for parking signs

ChicagoGraphics

harborsales.net always had the best pricing on the 12x18 0.80 aluminum blanks when buying 100+ not sure if their prices are still low

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
That or the film was welded to the panel, or the ink transferred through the film into the paint of the panel. We've been getting starbond from gsg by the pallet. Its hard to beat something like $40/sheet, and always having one on hand is really nice. It's probably perfectly flat, until someone lifts it above their head to walk it around the building...
The idiot here drags the sheet half off the table then pushes on the edge to flip it up. Doesn't matter how many times that I tell him to stop f-ing doing that, he stops for a few sheets and then starts doing it again.
The backing on EMS aluminum is the same way. I think they run it through an oven right before they deliver it so you have to work a little for your discount. And they put metal banding across the skids and make sure they get it as tight as humanly possible. Gotta make sure they get divots on the edges, it's like their trademark.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
The idiot here drags the sheet half off the table then pushes on the edge to flip it up. Doesn't matter how many times that I tell him to stop f-ing doing that, he stops for a few sheets and then starts doing it again.
The backing on EMS aluminum is the same way. I think they run it through an oven right before they deliver it so you have to work a little for your discount. And they put metal banding across the skids and make sure they get it as tight as humanly possible. Gotta make sure they get divots on the edges, it's like their trademark.
Can the idiot be replaced with a non-idiot?

Scotchbrite

No comment
We get wind here and ACM doesn't hold up well on a single post. When ACM was "new" we made some signs to mount on posts and they ended up tearing thru the bolt heads. In the wind they would wiggle back and forth until eventually they would fatigue around the bolts/washers.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
We get wind here and ACM doesn't hold up well on a single post. When ACM was "new" we made some signs to mount on posts and they ended up tearing thru the bolt heads. In the wind they would wiggle back and forth until eventually they would fatigue around the bolts/washers.
Yup, I've sent some to Wyoming and they lasted all of about 2 months.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
All municipal signs, good business signs and state signs will be a high grade aluminum with the proper specs for hardness and purity. You'll never in a million years get that from any ACM products. .080 is the most widely used with some being .063, but that would be rare. In the size requested from the OP, most likely .080 will do the trick.

Has nothing to do with costs, but the specs required by your state. In a gated community or whatnot, do whatever ya want, but street signs, school zones, hospitals and places that must follow code, if you drift from the recommended specs, just remember...... you asked a buncha people who must be cutting corners.

Billct2

When ACM first came out we tried it for some parking lot signs, it didn't hold up well. So we recommend .080, if the client wants to cheap out that's on them. Hell, we have a towing company that gets them on coro

Moze

Oregon trail in Idaho? That's like Texas Roadhouse did not start in Texas.

Oregon trail ran through multiple States, including Idaho (I'm sure you know). I just happen to know Oregon Trail Rd. is in Idaho. Driven down it a few times.

lol....when we go visit family in NY, they always want to go to Texas Roadhouse. ugh.

Boudica

Yes, the Oregon trail ends in Oregon, but begins farther east (though I can't recall where it technically begins).

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

I was Colorado last month and on the last day we couldn't figure out what to eat so we went to Texas Roadhouse and I felt like I was committing a crime. They DO know what Texans like though.

Boudica... No idea.

Boudica

sorta close... Sacajawea. She was a guide, helped them reach the coast, and saved their lives more than once. Without her, they would have not made it.