• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

acrobat reader showing pdf file different in 2 computers

gabagoo

As the title says... so how do I determine which version is correct? It was an ai file with ridiculous masking and one item seems to have flipped to a different position. One comp is win 7 the other win 10.
Also what is a cheap program to convert pdf files into high res bitmaps?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Welcome to the PDF nightmare! No real insights for you but this issues is the reason my company hates PDFs, the translation rendering is different across machines, software, and sometimes even between openings on the same computer.

Heck it's been 12 years since the i / l glitch appeared and it is still there.

gabagoo

I always felt that acrobat reader would show me what the real file should like like and now my world has collapsed lol. OK so in my main computer that I use for cutting vinyl and setting files up it looks correct ( I think, based on previous jobs for the same client) but the print computer Acrobat reader it makes this change...Worse than that when I open it in Flexi 19 it is supporting the Acrobat readers version in that computer. So now I sit in limbo not knowing which is correct.... How do I even know what my customers are seeing for proof..... I never thought this could happen lol

kcollinsdesign

Old member
The cheapest program to convert pdf files into bitmaps is whatever screen shot program you have on your computer. Better quality can be obtained by using Acrobat Pro (export function). Best quality is obtained when the pdf file conbtains vector art, and can be opened in a vector art program (such as Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator), scaled to size, then converted to a bitmap. There are also online resources available, with varying capabilities.
Keep in mind the output resolution of a .pdf file is no better than what the creator placed in it. If they are text or vector files, they will output to the maximum resolution of the output device. If they are bitmap images (.jpgs, etc.) they will output to the resolution of the original.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I always felt that acrobat reader would show me what the real file should like like and now my world has collapsed lol. OK so in my main computer that I use for cutting vinyl and setting files up it looks correct ( I think, based on previous jobs for the same client) but the print computer Acrobat reader it makes this change...Worse than that when I open it in Flexi 19 it is supporting the Acrobat readers version in that computer. So now I sit in limbo not knowing which is correct.... How do I even know what my customers are seeing for proof..... I never thought this could happen lol
In this case, I would screenshot and send to the client for confirmation.