• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

acrylic as dry erase

BROWNDOG

we have a marina / bait&tackle store that currently has a piece of acrylic with vinyl fish names and a graph and white plywood behind it, he uses dry erase marker and it holds up in the rain fairly well, it was hit over the winter and shattered,

does anyone have any advice or experience with makrolan or white acrylic outside for dry erase

shoresigns

My experience is that most glossy surfaces including plexi, lexan, glass, glossy laminate, etc. all work decently as a dry erase surface. The downside is that they often do leave behind more of a "ghost" image, although that can almost always be removed with a bit of extra elbow grease and cleaning products.

However, I've found that customers don't like to deal with that, so I would recommend you use dry erase laminate whenever possible.

vid

We've used this to replace ghosted marker boards. It's been for interior work, though. But, it should be fine outside.

Our customers have been very happy with its performance ... and cleaning.

Also, search here for dry erase markers. It seems like there was a thread arguing the best brands and best types of markers to use to avoid the ghosting.