• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

acrylic display wall

Project Sign

Have a tricky job 1/2" acrylic plaque clear with black logos and a chrome back (looks like chrome metal vinyl)
Any suggestions

Product-display-wall-frosted-acrylic-with-stand-offs-1.jpg

amw

Longtime Members
Could you laser it in reverse from the back on mirrored acrylic and then spray it with black paint?

DL Signs

Never go against the family
If you can, inspect the back side of one closely, there are a few ways to do those.

With mirrored acrylic, amw's way will work, laser or routed, then paint or black vinyl. You should be able to tell if it's that on close inspection.

If it seems to have vinyl on the back side, there's two methods, one is to do black vinyl logo, cover the back with a reverse mount chrome film. Way two is to cut the logo out of the reverse mount chrome film, lay it, then lay black over the full back. Some reverse mount metal films are slightly translucent, and full vinyl coverage with black evens it out. So if it's done with vinyl films, the back will either be black and you'll see ridges from the cut chrome film, or raised ridges from black vinyl under the chrome film.

Another way is black vinyl logo, mask the edges of the acrylic, and use a plastic chrome paint. You should be able to tell if it's a painted finish, not likely, but you never know. It actually doesn't work the worst, except it's tricky to apply without it getting blotchy.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'd try to come up with a totally new approach and then talk them into replacing that mess already on the wall. So much glare, reflection and confusion....... ya can't tell what you're looking at.

I'd use non-glare plexi and paint the backside whatever color ya want and put black vinyl first surface.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I'd try to come up with a totally new approach and then talk them into replacing that mess already on the wall. So much glare, reflection and confusion....... ya can't tell what you're looking at.

I'd use non-glare plexi and paint the backside whatever color ya want and put black vinyl first surface.
that's like trying to convince someone to ditch their diamond plate idea on their wrap

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, for a doctor's office or whatever it is, they might wanna entertain the idea of making their information more legible to whomever they want reading it. If it means taking away their stupid effects or silly ideas, so be it. Communications is one of the main things to focus on when making signs. Not making it hard as sh!t to dicipher. Since ya can't have someone standing there spouting off all this information, it hasta be done with a sign...... so make if frickin' easy to see and read.

Gettin'By

I really hope they don't decide to put lighting behind the panels so it spills out from between the spaces. But I have my fears...

Johnny Best

And it is all mounted on a clear piece of acrylic.It is heavy and to much going on.

Looks like a fat girl with too much make up and large shiny earrings.