• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Acuity/Caldera - Glossier print setting or technique

WalkerP

Is there a way to make prints more glossy without using a varnish? Maybe lowering lamp power while printing and then post curing to finish? I've done that on smaller flatbeds, but not on the Acuity. Maybe a gloss print setting? Any techniques and/or tips?
Thanks

AlsEU

Acuity doesn't have any mechanism for change of the finish except swap of inks (KO are more glossy than KI for example). Playing with UV lamps power won't make a big difference imho, it's not Onset, where you can change the finish.

GraphicsSource

Adjusting the UV lamps can make it a bit more glossy. From my experience basically the longer the ink sits on the substrate before the uv lamps hit it, the glossier it will be. Lowering the lamps helps sometimes too.

Maybe try turning off the trailing lamp and only use a leading lamp so the ink sets for a second before being cured.

DougWestwood

delay setting

You can also set the print module to wait a bit before doing another pass.
FUJI Acuity has a "pause" setting for the module to go back and forth.
I think it's in the same menu as the lamp settings.

Good Luck!