• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

add print cut or add just printer for speed?

Shadowglen

OK I have been looking at adding another printer in the shop. I currently have a Roland SP 540 I. What I run into is I always seem to be waiting on it to finish printing so I can get to cutting. I thought my solution would be to add a VS 540 inked double CYMK so the speed factor would free it up faster for cutting and having both printers more output. So while I am talking with my rep he suggest looking into a VersaArt RE-640 print only machine and use the sp540 for printing smaller jobs and overflow also using it to cut the output from the RE 640. The RE 640 looks to be about 3 grand less than the VS 540 I just wonder if I would be kicking myself down the road for not having cutting capability??? I know I have read posts that most people like to have a separate cutter and printer setup if you have the room so any jibs , jabs, pro's and cons' from real life experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Dave