• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adding a background to a image ..

ronl1975

I am looking for software that adds a background to lets say a picture of a magnet in bulk. Any help is very much appreciated !

:peace!:

J Hill Designs

highly doubt it can happen "with a click of a button"

only way i see it is if each of the 500 vehicle pictures was formatted with the door in EXACTLY the same spot in the image, and create a set of actions in photoshop, then batch it via file->automate->batch

but there would be hours of photo manipulation of those 500 vehicle images

MikePro

microsoft paint
seriously tho', i could have done it with that AND its FREE!

buuut if you're looking for a database of vehicles, to scale, there's software bundles for those but there is still a step in the process where you have to use a design program to add the two for presentation.
I don't think anything exists that is an automated cookie-cutter design program for what you're asking, however.

Last edited:

Fanaticus

Do you mean like a reverse watermark?

With a watermark it's placed on top of the original image.

A reverse watermark would place it behind the original image?

I've been looking for something that does that in batch as well. We have some generic items that use keywords (names, places, etc) that could be placed on many different substrates and in order to display them appropriately online each keyword needs to be shown (instead of a "your name here!" place holder).

We need to create thousands of images for each type of substrate, so each keyword is shown. This is very time consuming (I have my wife do it). It would be much more efficient to create the keyword image with a transparent background and then have a program run through each keyword image and place the substrate image behind it. OR place each keyword image on top of the substrate image.

I've got several opensource image manipulation programs that perform many functions in batch and have literally saved me months, if not years, worth of work by performing tasks that normally would have taken a month to do manually in a matter of minutes. Unfortunately I have yet to find one that can do layering in batch like this.

Then my wife would only have to create a master list of keyword images and a program would do the rest.

Last edited:

Fanaticus

2 keystrokes. Ctrl C, Ctrl V. On a mac it would be something different.

It's not that simple when it comes to creating large amounts of images. It's really not. Even a couple hundred doing it that way becomes tedious. You forget about opening them, creating them, naming them, saving them... and often times resizing or cropping or converting file types for each image. For a small project copy & paste will do, but not for thousands of images that will be repeated over dozens of substrate types. We're talking hundreds of thousands of images overall. Even I won't make my wife do that.

Mosh

We do SIMPLE stuff like that all the time. I guess you have to be a sign-artist, not just point and click vinyl shop! Guess I don't see what is so hard about that. This is what seperates levels of shops from beginner to advanced?

theoldguy

As an example, here is a picture I found on Google.

http://advertisingmagnets.net/skin/frontend/default/hellopress/images/Car_Magnet_Small.jpg

I am looking for software that lets say put that picture of the magnet on the red truck onto 500 other different vehicles with a click of a button..

I hope I explained it better that time :)

Sure you did. Easy, 3 minute job. I've attached your Magnetic sign. The confusion in the beginning was that you said 'magnet' instead of 'magnetic sign'. Oh! I'm sorry. I used Corel PhotoPaint. It's what I'm used to. You can distort the picture to fit a number of vehicles at different angles. Just copy and paste after cropping the main pic, then distort to make it fit properly.

Attachments

• Signs101 b.jpg
    Signs101 b.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 69

theoldguy

Last edited by a moderator: