• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adding a bleed and getting multiple cut lines

Zack Bunning

I am using FlexiSign and I added a cut contour around my image, then proceeded to add an outline around it to use as a bleed for cutting, but when I send it to Versaworks I am now getting two cutlines when doing this. One around where my original contour cut was, then the next is around the outline I added to use as a bleed. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

Kaitlin Boisvert

I don't use VersaWorks but in Illustrator if I was doing this I'd expand the bleed shape and then make sure there is no outline on that bleed and that it's just color fill only. The only object that should have the cut contour line is the object I'm trying to cut.

bannertime

The contour cut is the last thing that would be done. Add the bleed (outline) separate it and send to back. Then select the main art again and add the contour. You also may be able to right click and clear the contour cut off the outline.

IsItFasst

I know this is old but just randomly ran across this thread so figured I'd give an answer in case others are having the issue and run across it. In Flexi, if you add an outline after the contour cut line has been added it will then add this cut line to the outline you add as well. This be default. The way I deal with this is to "separate the outline" then go to the "stroke" for the outline and clear it (this will be the 2nd contour cut line). Once cleared you can regroup only having the original single cut line intended. Just make sure you have everything size properly before doing all this so you don't include the bleed/outline in the sizing.