• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adding Adobe to compliment Flexi 8

Gordy Saunders

I just went out and bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 and Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0. I haven't opened it yet or installed it because I am not sure that it is the sofeware that I should have bought. Can anyone help me with exactly what it is I should buy? Have I bought the right sofeware?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I've never used PS Elements so I can't comment on what is lacks as compared to Photoshop CS2. Premiere Elements is for editing of videos tailored to home users so it has no apparent use in conjunction with Flexi or with sign making.

I am also an Omega and Flexi user and my decision was to license the entire Creative Suite Professional package. The combined suite allows me to deal with any file anyone provides for production and fills in the many gaps and shortcomings of Omega and Flexisign.

Creative Suite is a lot more money for sure and I figure it took me the better part of a week to get a complete ROI with it. I am of course being sarcastic but also truthful. The Creative Suite is largely the standard of the professional community. I cannot imagine trying to operate without at least the full current versions of both Photoshop and Illustrator and I also use Acrobat Pro regularly. The standard for universal file exchange is changing from EPS to PDF and Illustrator is the essential tool to get PDF's opened and brought into your production software such as Omega or Flexi with consistent accuracy.

RJ California

PhotoShop is a great tool for the sign trade, and if you offer digital printing it's probably a must. If you can offord it I would go with the full package like Fred advised (I do not own Illustrator yet myself).