• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adding D rings to banners without sewing

VicoDrive

A client came in today wanting to recreate a banner that is using D rings on the corners. They are hanging off and sewn in. We dont do sewing here, we use double sided hem tape. Is there any alternative way of using these without sewing them in? He seems to really be picky about the banner being super strong because he bungees the hell out of it. Personally I dont see how grommets that are reinforced a bit with some vinyl squares would be a problem but thought I would look into these first.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You need sewn hems, reinforced with nylon to put hardware on banners. Hem tape will never work for any length of time.... especially for finicky customers. Have the banner made at a place that does that sorta thing. Don't cut corners or it will come back to bite you.

VicoDrive

You need sewn hems, reinforced with nylon to put hardware on banners. Hem tape will never work for any length of time.... especially for finicky customers. Have the banner made at a place that does that sorta thing. Don't cut corners or it will come back to bite you.

Thats pretty much what I figured. There are a few sources in town that I believe do sewing that I will look into, thanks!

rjssigns

If the client wants sewn hems or job requires sewing we go to a boat canvas shop or auto upholstery shop.