Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding ink to a Roland 440 cartridge?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by phototec, Jun 27, 2019.

1. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    I usually use 440 cartridges in my Roland SP540V printer, however, I have a new 220 cyan cartridge that will not get recognized when I install it in the printer. So I was thinking is it possible to suck the ink out of the cartridge with a syringe and add that ink into another cyan cartridge that is about half full?

I don't know what happened to the 220 cyan cartridge that will not be recognized by the printer, I tried several times, it just doesn't get recognized.

Does anyone have experience adding ink to a Roland OEM cartridge?

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Are you putting it into the correct slot ??

3. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    Ues Gin, CYAN slot #2, went I insert the cartridge the system does NOT see it like the chip is bad?

4. CSOCSO

CSOCSO I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.

Jul 18, 2012
    Florida
    Are you sure the cartridge is not eco sol max 2?? You might be able to just order a new chip from STS inks. I have a bunch but my machine is eco sol max 2...
    They are not too expensive. under $10
    Just make sure you order the correct one. If I googled it right you need the regular eco sol max for that machine