• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adding ink to a Roland 440 cartridge?

phototec

I usually use 440 cartridges in my Roland SP540V printer, however, I have a new 220 cyan cartridge that will not get recognized when I install it in the printer. So I was thinking is it possible to suck the ink out of the cartridge with a syringe and add that ink into another cyan cartridge that is about half full?

I don't know what happened to the 220 cyan cartridge that will not be recognized by the printer, I tried several times, it just doesn't get recognized.

Does anyone have experience adding ink to a Roland OEM cartridge?

phototec

Ues Gin, CYAN slot #2, went I insert the cartridge the system does NOT see it like the chip is bad?

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
Are you sure the cartridge is not eco sol max 2?? You might be able to just order a new chip from STS inks. I have a bunch but my machine is eco sol max 2...
They are not too expensive. under $10
Just make sure you order the correct one. If I googled it right you need the regular eco sol max for that machine