• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adding Magenta and green instead of yellow

furkov

I have an issue that me and the maintains can't fix in 3 weeks already
I print a CMYK Tiff-s from ONYX 12 to HP Latex 360 and the result is that instead of blue mountains I receive a purple-pink mountains (see the pictures)
I saw that this affects the logo as well , instead of yellow sun on the top of the logo I have a green sun (see the pictures)
We change the light magenta head and the logo start printing in yellow and everything was fine. Then I set the printer to print on a take up peel and left it . 6 signs after it get back to purple mountains and green sun with the logo. We change the maintains kit and the light magenta again and it started to print correct again but only with the yellow with the sun in the logo, then when the map start printing the mountains was pink again ... so the problem remains ... I cant reach the calibration as it saying the option is not available in the moment.
It looks like you print a RGB file on an old CMYC laser jet ,but the my files are cmyk and the printer prints all the color bars correctly, I really have no idea where to search the problem.
I attached some pictures with the same problem with printing other file then the signs I'm giving you example with.
Any ideas :\ ?

Pictures folder: Dropbox - latex 360

furkov

Do all your print heads fire properly?

That's
the issue we try changing all the heads but in a short print the problem comes back .
I don't know is there any connection but the technicians used my 360 to check on other printer HD problem... so they take out my HDD and put some other machine HDD. Then make some test with this HDD on and the placing my HDD back again. i'm thinking if the printer settings are set for a 6 head printer as it works proper only with pure CMYK print modes.
Im really confused but its not normal

CaliforniaVibe

Production and Digital Print Operator
That's
the issue we try changing all the heads but in a short print the problem comes back .
I don't know is there any connection but the technicians used my 360 to check on other printer HD problem... so they take out my HDD and put some other machine HDD. Then make some test with this HDD on and the placing my HDD back again. i'm thinking if the printer settings are set for a 6 head printer as it works proper only with pure CMYK print modes.
Im really confused but its not normal

That may be the issue but it might be a color profile that you have selected in ONYX, maybe...I use Wasatch and it has a feature when I click the info tab if I hover my mouse over the image in the RIP layout I can see exactly what % of colors my HP 360 is going to print.

For example, if I hover over my green which is 88%C 0%M 100%Y 0%K when I'm in a CMYK profile. If I changed it to a RGB profile. It would read 77%C 1%M 94%Y 0%K. If you accidentally left on a different profile or the file you have is in RGB (which I often get when other clients bring in their own artwork files), the blues will show up more purple.

You may very well actually have a technical problem, but the issue CAN BE an oversight on the way your design application (aka Photoshop, Corel, etc.) is exporting files...it maybe be exporting as RGB and that could be your problem.

Good Luck!