Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Adding Media in Roland Media Explorer

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Norman Lamont, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Norman Lamont

Norman Lamont New Member

Jun 21, 2011
    I just reloaded my versaworks programs up to ver 5.1. I went to Roland DGA to download MAC 7 Canvas media to the Media Explorer. I tried downloading several vinyls that the roland site said matched my printer, BUT, when I try to open them in Media Explorer it says I can't because " this media file includes a profile that cannot be used with the ink type of the current printer setting." I've had this printer happily for 20 years and now I'm stuck. HELP! I tried downloading from the 3m printer profile site and had the same results.

2. Jim Hancock

Jim Hancock Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Which printer model do you have?

3. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    Most likely you have the wrong ink configuration selected in the Profile Center. Double check what Versaworks is reporting for ink type and match it up.

Good Luck

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. slps

slps New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Salt Lake City
    I'm following the same route.
    In my Versaworks the printer is listed using a Ecosol CMYK and not Ecosol Max that I'm actually using. Is there a way to change this characteristic in Veraworks, I mean from Ecosol CMYK to Ecosol Max?