• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adding pinch rollers?

Flame

Remembered a thread on here about this, but couldnt find it (must be tired.... or dumb). But anyways....

I have a Graphtec FC. I'd like to add 2 more pinch rollers to it. Is this something that only a tech can do, or can I do it? If I can do it, is it easy? And where would I find them, are they even available to buy?

Any and all info would be appreciated!

Service Sign Co

Never had much luck using more than 2 at a time, but I've only used Ioline,Roland & Jaguar panther ff plotters Had to change wheels from leaving them"PINCHED" for too long. Should be an easy operation to add an extra .More than 2 at a time will only give you problems

Flame

Never had much luck using more than 2 at a time, but I've only used Ioline,Roland & Jaguar panther ff plotters Had to change wheels from leaving them"PINCHED" for too long. Should be an easy operation to add an extra .More than 2 at a time will only give you problems

Why?

I want to be running 5 at a time for thicker materials. The material tends to buckle a bit from 10mil and up, so while I usually use 3 pinch rollers, I'd like to use 5 for the thick stuff.

Jason Davie

I use 4 on my Lynx no problems... In fact it tracks alot better.. I just had to cut off the sensor plastic on the top

Service Sign Co

I've also never tried to cut thick material with a friction fed plotter, don't like watching it & waiting for a mistake. However I have cut striaded material with a sprocket plotter and have had success where others have had to use flatbed plotters. The 3rd wheel doesen't lend itself to unattended plotting. It just gets in the way. However I've never used a Graphtech, but only hear good things about them. I'm spoiled with the tractor fed plotters

eforer

All the mimaki plotters have 3 pinch wheels, I wish they had more, it doesn't hamper plotting in anyway, it helps. The Mimaki printers have a bazillion pinch wheels btw. The more pinch wheels the better!

chopper

Hi,
Flammy I broke one of the pich rollers on one of my plotters and it wasn't that hard to replace I am not familiar with the graphtech but if you look at the rail that holds the pinch rollers you have a lever that raises and lowers the rollers on the opposite end there should be a bracket that holds the end of the rail (this may be under a cover) remove the bracket and slide the new rollers on and reassemble the bracket to the machine and covers that you may have removed, and that should be about all there is to it at least on my machine it was that way I would also think that SW would have the rollers you need since they sell the graphtech just take a good look at your machine it shouldn't be to hard to figure out good luck //chopper

Service Sign Co

OK I get it if you gotta go with a friction plotter , get the best, the Gerber Oddysey didn't seem to make the grade. Graphtec or Summa. Flatbeds are a little too much, I mean a lot too much, might as well have a router

signguy95

Signwarehouse sells the pinch roller assemblies for the panther line of cutters...pretty sure they are just remarketed Graphtecs!

Jay

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Why?

I want to be running 5 at a time for thicker materials. The material tends to buckle a bit from 10mil and up, so while I usually use 3 pinch rollers, I'd like to use 5 for the thick stuff.

The media buckles from inertia, not lack of pinch rollers. If it buckles you're feeding to too fast. For accurate tracking two rollers is optimum. Adding additional rollers may assist with heavier media but they complicate tracking on any device the moves media both back and forth.

There is a speed for every media, the heavier, the slower.