• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adding "stucco" to ACM?

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
It's time to show off these walls you speak of...
Still a little soft, had a cool front come thru, slowed the drying.
Mixed a dark peach colored paint to the drywall mud and it is drying lighter. But over all it looks great.
Three hours start to finish. Only $60.

Attachments

• 20210404_183008.jpg
    20210404_183008.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 89
  • 20210404_183038.jpg
    20210404_183038.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 102

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Ha, looks close enough to stucco to satisfy my customers... Also props on delivering and a fine wall!
I could of taken a trowl to it and changed the look of the texture but this looked great and the tennant loves it. $$

Andy D

Thanks for everyone's input!
JBurton I guess somewhere between sandy and stucco.

Someone else just made a post about how to apply stucco on aluminum & I replied to him and thought... "duh, I need to respond to the people who tried to help me
and let them know what I ended up doing"

Val47 Here's your update
My Sherwin Williams rep told me to use their "Extreme Bond Primer" primer, apply Quikrete stucco and paint it, that was a huge nope!
I'm sure it was something I did, I had to thin it out a lot get it to the right texture, the next day the Quikrete was dry, crumbly & came right off.
So I scrubbed it down to the primer, went and got sand that is made to add to paint & added it to the Sherwin Williams top coat paint (put in more than suggested, a bag into 1/2 gallon), applied the paint pretty thickly and used a rubber float and "stamped" the whole sheet. It turned out great ,was very easy & the bond is solid (picture below).
I really recommend that extreme bond primer, I scrubbed the hell out of that panel to get that grit off & it didn't scratch at all.

upload_2021-4-13_16-2-41-png.153042

86b80f3f-678c-4d91-9ea0-a8fa54027460_1.6271c18f6e6df45507952f4ac8e22167.jpeg

080047241079.jpg

Last edited:

signage

Thanks for everyone's input!
I guess somewhere between sandy and stucco.

Someone else just made a post about how to apply stucco on aluminum & I replied to him and thought... "duh, I need to respond to the people who tried to help me and let them know what I ended up doing"

Here's your update
My Sherwin Williams rep told me to use their "Extreme Bond Primer" primer, apply Quikrete stucco and paint it, that was a huge nope!
I'm sure it was something I did, I had to thin it out a lot get it to the right texture, the next day the Quikrete was dry, crumbly & came right off.
So I scrubbed it down to the primer, went and got sand that is made to add to paint & added it to the Sherwin Williams top coat paint (put in more than suggested, a bag into 1/2 gallon), applied the paint pretty thickly and used a rubber float and "stamped" the whole sheet. It turned out great ,was very easy & the bond is solid (picture below).
I really recommend that extreme bond primer, I scrubbed the hell out of that panel to get that grit off & it didn't scratch at all.

Thank You for Following UP!