• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adhering Tile to Acrylic

Glavin_ID

I have a customer/friend who bought a piece of acrylic from me the other day for a home project. He wants to adhere onyx tile to the acrylic and edge light it. He asked me to suggest a clear adhesive he can use to glue the tile to the acrylic. I know acrylic doesn't like silicone which is what we would normally use for most other surfaces. When we don't use clear silicone, we usually use VHB. Since VHB isn't clear, I'm not sure if that will work. Anyone have suggestions on a clear adhesive that works well with acrylic?

2B

go get some LEXEL, carried by the box stores, and is rated to work on acrylic.
much "clearer" than silicone

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I would recommend Lexel (available at Lowe's) or Dap Ultra Clear (available at Home Depot). They take a while to cure but will do the trick and dry clear.

Raum Divarco

General Manager CUTWORX USA / Amcad & Graphics
besides different adhesive options, when we do custom projects on things like acrylic we either skim the intended mounting points with the cnc router first to skuff up the surface a bit or we use printing promoter to prep and soften the surface on the intended adhering points for something extra to bite to.