• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adhesive Backed Paper stock? For paper labels?

splizaat

Hey Guys -
I am in the market for a PAPER stock that's got a pressure sensitive adhesive on the back side -- SOLVENT Printable, and die-cuttable. We have a customer wanting to create custom sticker sheets with about 30 little stickers plotted in the center of a big 8.5"x11" and so we're looking for a good paper stock with adhesive.

Only one I know of is MAgic's Eco Satin PSA. Is there any others that I'm missing??

splizaat

I know roland also makes a pressure sensitive adhesive backed paper stock (ESM-SGPA-100-54), This is a possibility, but the price seems to be about $50 a roll too high....

CanuckSigns

Too high compared to what? Last time I checked the roland media is about on par price wise with an econo vinyl. It's an uncommon media so the price is what it is..

Alternately you could mount a d/s mounting adhesive to any paper you like.

DRamm76

Is it too expensive or are you not charging enough? We sell a fair amount of the Roland Adhesive backed paper as well as the General Formulations. If its the right material for the job and produces high quality output, you should not be in a position where you arent making profit on it.

splizaat

Is it too expensive or are you not charging enough? We sell a fair amount of the Roland Adhesive backed paper as well as the General Formulations. If its the right material for the job and produces high quality output, you should not be in a position where you arent making profit on it.

We are charging plenty.And we would make profit. But it's still too expensive

Paper with an adhesive back should be CHEAPER than a roll of mid grade vinyl in my opinion...We are trying to get as close to what the customer is currently selling now that she has outgrown her own capacity,so there is no wiggle on material -- it MUST be paper.

Adding adhesive AFTER printing paper in this case (with thousands at a time), is out of the question.

CanuckSigns

We are charging plenty.And we would make profit. But it's still too expensive

Paper with an adhesive back should be CHEAPER than a roll of mid grade vinyl in my opinion...We are trying to get as close to what the customer is currently selling now that she has outgrown her own capacity,so there is no wiggle on material -- it MUST be paper.

Adding adhesive AFTER printing paper in this case (with thousands at a time), is out of the question.

Adhesive backed paper is a bit of a specialty item in the digital print world, where as there is no shortage of shops looking for vinyl, therefore paper will cost more to produce as it is less popular, therefore smaller runs.

If you want as cheap as possible, sub it out and add a markup.