• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

adhesive missing

hatmanok

I have some vinyl that has some spots that the adhesive is missing. Not large areas but it is in a line of script and several spots are not sticking because of the missing adhesive. Is there a adhesive that I can get to repair these spots. I would recut them but I don't have any of that color in stock. HELP....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't know how to help your situation, other than to do it over.

Many years ago, the same thing happened to us. I received a roll of vinyl and it didn't have ANY adhesive on the back. When I called the vendor, they said...
:Oops: someone must've pulled the wrong box. You got a roll marked adhesive backed, but was marked wrong. After talking about it, I asked.... how or why would someone want vinyl without adhesive on the back ??
Her answer was strange, but said they had a whole line on vinyl without any adhesive on the back whatsoever.

To this day, I've never been able to figure that one out.

ThinkRight

I don't know how to help your situation, other than to do it over.

Many years ago, the same thing happened to us. I received a roll of vinyl and it didn't have ANY adhesive on the back. When I called the vendor, they said...
:Oops: someone must've pulled the wrong box. You got a roll marked adhesive backed, but was marked wrong. After talking about it, I asked.... how or why would someone want vinyl without adhesive on the back ??
Her answer was strange, but said they had a whole line on vinyl without any adhesive on the back whatsoever.

To this day, I've never been able to figure that one out.

Sounds like wall vinyl,those get printed just like sign vinyl,but it uses glue to hang.You can make your own wall paper.

MakeMyGraphic

is that right ThinkRight? or was the vinyl just really really old and the adhesive dried out? I picked up old supply when I was first starting off and the old man who sold it to me told me he didn't know how old it was, he wanted $40 for the lot and when he told me he didn't know how old it was I offered him $15 and told him my reasons... I was happy. 90% of the rolls I got from him were still good but there was this Black roll of Gerber Scientific Product (GSP) with an OOOOLLLLD looking logo on it and THAT vinyl literally felt like it just barely had any tack to it.. almost nonexistent, actually soo little that I would consider it having no adhesive... since I didn't know how old the material was I posted a question on a sign board they referred me to a 3M rep who then after doing research told me that this must be a really OLD material over 15 years (yikes) sooooo yeah had to toss that stuff LOL! at least it was only $15 and I got a ton of use with these materials for little league and craft fairs... but you just never know how long these things sit sometimes... now I do :p