• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adirondak chair question(s)

Dropout

Hi All.

I am trying to lay out the back of an adirondak chair which conssists of seven parts. I'm trying to decide on the best approach, create one large part and then section it or to lay out all seven sections, superimpose a circle on it and then start deleting the parts that aren't chair. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Is there an easy way to accurately lay out a part that is not square? I tried the polygon but that didn't get me anywhere. Whatever I do, I need to be able to lay out a taper with an arc at the top.

Also, is there any way to have a grid visible when laying this kind of stuff out?

Omega 2.1

Thanks in advance.

Jillbeans

Make seven tall thin rectangles by making one, copying each and pasting directly beside the first. Space evenly.
Bottom justify.
Distort using the keystone option.
Then distort using the convex top option.
This gives you a nicely fanned, rounded topped, evenly spaced chair back.
Best method I can think of. But that's not saying much.
I'm on GA 6.2
Love....Jill

ndemond

I think a member here "woobs"? wrapped an anirondak chair once and posted. Someone may remember.

Nancy

Dropout

Make seven tall thin rectangles by making one, copying each and pasting directly beside the first. Space evenly.
Bottom justify.
Distort using the keystone option.
Then distort using the convex top option.
This gives you a nicely fanned, rounded topped, evenly spaced chair back.
Best method I can think of. But that's not saying much.
I'm on GA 6.2
Love....Jill

Worked a treat (once I found the keystone and convex top stuff - it's not in the help files).

:thankyou:

Jillbeans

Yay!
I am glad to be of help, and even more glad that you were able to figure out what I meant.
My GA is on another computer and I was too lazy to make you a visual step-by-step.

Dropout

Thanks for the help. We ended up making a really nice chair. The next project is to make it out of composit decking material.