• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adjusating pinch roller pressure Mutoh 1204

Pinfinity

I need to print on a product called "Gecko grip" This I an inside mount widow perf film I'm having problem with the material sticking to the pinch roller and giving me an error message of "END OF MEDIA".

I believe I need to adjust the pressure on the pinch rollers to correct the problem. Can anyone ell me how to adjust the rollers?

Or an anyone suggest an alternate material?

Thank much

floater302

Very interesting, I didnt think you could adjust the tension of the pinchers on the 1204, but then again ive never look to see either, i know when i do static cling after i clen the print area with alcohol the pinchers stick to where i have to hold on the ends and pull a little bit so it doesnt stck, but i have one of my 1204 apart and ill look and see if you can adjust it.

Umca

It can be because your media is too transparent for media sensor.
I think you can fix this problem by closing media detection sensor on back side under pressure rollers.
Just stick piece of self-adgesive media on hole where sensor placed.

floater302

I didnt see anywhere where you can adjust the pinchers, a work around is lift prop the handle up a little before you trigger the printer and it beeps at you.

guitarguy69

Umca has it right, the sensor is not seeing media, or the media is bowing up allowing light into the sensor. Put something over the eye, but please be careful not to run the roll out as the printer will continue to lay down ink.