• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adjust ink levels on Mimaki UJF-6042

Ed's Sign

Edward S.
My shop just got a Mimaki UJF 6042 a few weeks ago. When setting up the machine, the rep who was installing had a hard time getting the head to seal on the caps, so Mimaki suggested he try running something that was supposed to fill the lines with ink for the white ink cartridges. Problem is nothing happened, but the machine registered it as pulling ink and reduced the amount of ink that was supposed to be in the cartridge.

Eventually he got it working properly, but the mostly full cartridges were reading as 1/2 empty. So now, a few weeks later, I'm getting low ink warnings when the cartridges are still 1/2 full.

Is there any way to adjust the ink levels on the machine so I can get some more use out of these cartridges? I'd hate to throw away $120 worth of ink if I don't have to.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There is no way to do it on the machine. Your best bet is to ask your Mimaki dealer to get some chips from Mimaki that you can use to get the rest of the ink out. I'm not sure how receptive they are to that but as a new machine purchase, I would assume they would be. Have them explain why the cartridge is low to Mimaki and you should be taken care of.