Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adjusting my cutter?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by geckophoto, Oct 15, 2018.

1. geckophoto

geckophoto Member

Dec 26, 2017
    Ft. Myers
    I'm trying to get a good cut off my SP300, the test cut square does not complete the cut, this is running on vinyl and lamination but still same issue with only vinyl.

New blade, I adjust the speed down, offset should be .25 and I adjusted it down to but no effect. Do I need to adjust the blade in the holder? Or is this more of a feed adjusting I have to do now to make it cut well?

I have a boat graphic with crop marks to cut and wonder if I do a major cutter adjustment will it effect the cut lines I have with the auto adjust marks or will I just get complete clear cuts? Help!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    Since you've replaced the blade, I would recommend replacing the cutter protection strip and possibly the blade holder. If it's more than that, you should have a tech take a look at it.

As far as the print you have already, dialing in the cutter - or improving the cuts should not affect the position of the cuts. You'll want to make sure that you perform the crop-cut adjustment after you replace the parts and before you cut the job.

Good Luck

3. geckophoto

geckophoto Member

Dec 26, 2017
    Ft. Myers
    Any idea why a lot of the corner cuts/angles don't 'complete' and I get like the tails on a test cut but when I do larger cut paths they are smooth and complete like an oval or circle?

4. ewded

ewded Member

Aug 28, 2017
    UK
    This looks like a badly worn out blade holder, or a screw is loose on the assembly.

5. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Check the tip of the blade with a magnifying glass. I had a batch of blades where the tip snapped off almost as soon as touching the vinyl. Was driving me nuts trying to figure out the bad cuts.

Then I bought a Summa.;)