• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

adjusting pen height during transport

Vladimir

Hello,

First question:

While plotting with a fiber tip and ball point, the pen sometimes leaves a mark during transport form one part of the page to another. This is no doubt due to the slight curl in the paper. Is there a way to adjust the height of the pen during transport so that it stays clear of the paper? I have searched and found nothing on the issue.

Second question:

This ought to be simple but I am having a hard time centering an image on a sheet of paper. Does anyone have any tricks/tips to accomplish this?

I am using an FC-7000 (Vinyl Express), Illustrator CS5 with Cutting Master 2.

Thanks for any assistance.

Vladimir

Hello,

I am bumping this post out of desperation.

I am basically trying to adjust - increase - the height of my pen as it moves from one part of my page to another. The height it is set to now - the default - is not high enough to clear my page.

If someone knows how to do this - I have checked the manual and google to no avail - I would very much appreciate knowing how.

Thanks,
Vladimir

The pen (tool) up height is fixed, ther is no adjustment on that plotter. If the problem is caused by paper curl, there is a fan speed adjustment to suck the paper done more aggressively.

GRAPHTEC

good post.. also enable the optimize cutting order: restrict media movement
option in CM2(under the AdV. tab.) will help minimize movements of the head and material during plotting.
But the FC7000 does have a fixed height.

Vladimir

Thank you both for interesting ways to avoid pen drag on paper.

Castek you're right that the drag is due to paper curl. My fan was on "normal" - which is the strongest setting (the other being "weak.") - so no added suction possible.

What I ended doing was adding a rubber band around the pen so that is sat higher in its holder.

That, along with manually pushing down on the paper to keep it flat did the trick. It was not elegant, but it worked.

Optimizing the cutting order, as suggested by Graphtec would make it easier.

Thanks again.