• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adjusting Perf Cut settings on decal sizing

rawjahprintshop

Hey guys, I am using the Roland SG2 series Truvis SG2-300, and learning more and more about perf cutting. All has gone well, and i'm learning more and more about the perf cutting, but still learning daily. I had a base setting for Perf Cutting:

Perf Length - 1 inch
Perf force: (whatever material i use, it differs and i test cut to get that right per job and material)
Half Cut Length: .020
Half Cut force: I leave it at 1

Those were settings from Roland, however they were more basic shapes, and more like 5x5 ovals, or again, not to incredibly intricate.
MY QUESTION - Should i be adjusting Perf LENGTH, per decal size im cutting? Do i change half cut length for a smaller decal?

Thank you in advance guys!!

Quad State

We use a Roland in our shop as well (GR-640) and from my experience its best to put the perf length at a higher setting than you would think necessary. We're using Versaworks Dual and cut out some pretty big pieces so I have settings as high as 7 inches. I've never once adjusted the half cut length and have gotten pretty good results that way. Happy Perfing :)