Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adjusting Perf Cut settings on decal sizing

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by rawjahprintshop, Feb 5, 2020.

1. rawjahprintshop

rawjahprintshop New Member

Feb 5, 2019
    Ontario, CA
    Hey guys, I am using the Roland SG2 series Truvis SG2-300, and learning more and more about perf cutting. All has gone well, and i'm learning more and more about the perf cutting, but still learning daily. I had a base setting for Perf Cutting:

Perf Length - 1 inch
    Perf force: (whatever material i use, it differs and i test cut to get that right per job and material)
    Half Cut Length: .020
    Half Cut force: I leave it at 1

Those were settings from Roland, however they were more basic shapes, and more like 5x5 ovals, or again, not to incredibly intricate.
    MY QUESTION - Should i be adjusting Perf LENGTH, per decal size im cutting? Do i change half cut length for a smaller decal?

Thank you in advance guys!!

Tags:
  2. Quad State

Quad State New Member

Feb 13, 2019
    Mound City
    We use a Roland in our shop as well (GR-640) and from my experience its best to put the perf length at a higher setting than you would think necessary. We're using Versaworks Dual and cut out some pretty big pieces so I have settings as high as 7 inches. I've never once adjusted the half cut length and have gotten pretty good results that way. Happy Perfing :)