• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Admit it, you know you've used it!!!!

TheSnowman

Unfortunately...I printed a big banner last week that a customer "designed" with this on it. It was brutal.

rjssigns

In our typography class we ganged up on the instructor. Almost everyone did an in class project with Comic Sans. The man has a true seething hatred of the font so we decided to fan the flames.

Could almost hear his molars turning to powder as we took our turns in front of the class...

After we had our laugh we turned in our real projects.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, it's a pretty bad font and for the life of me, I have no idea why anyone would ever use it...... for anything.

I know a lota people here get all fumed up about certain fonts, like Brush, Comic and some other choice ugly ones, but the one that gets me is the font used by the road side which read, sLoW boWn.... my mommie or daddy works here. I'm not sure of the font, but to lower the standards a professional trade to look like that of a kid's penmanship is just brutal. Cute ?? Yeah, but keep it on your refrigerator magnets, not important caution signs. :rolleyes:

TammieH

Yeah, so what? I would rather use comic sans Serif than ...I even hate to say it...

Copperplate! argh! ~~Shivers~~:banghead:

coyote

Back in the early '80's I worked for a guy who would not allow us to use Helvetica for anything. He would argue with customers about it to the point of losing gigs. He was also colorblind, which made color choice interesting.

showcase 66

Yeah, so what? I would rather use comic sans Serif than ...I even hate to say it...

Copperplate! argh! ~~Shivers~~:banghead:

HAHA

I got an email from the wife of a client of mine. This is what she sent wanting on their new shirts. She said she can send me the file to make it easier.

Attachments

• payless2.jpg
    payless2.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 66

Wafels

At first I wanted to ask why you hate this font so much, then i saw this post:
HAHA

I got an email from the wife of a client of mine. This is what she sent wanting on their new shirts. She said she can send me the file to make it easier.

:smile:

But still it looks different than other fonts, from stock pc...

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I'm going to say it, I don't have a problem with comic sans ... It's a horrible font, but no worse than any of these ... http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=603&l[]=10&l[]=1 or Bleeding Cowboy ... jeez I'm tired of that typeface, that and mesquite.

That being said ... I will admit, I have used it in a design or two ... for kids clothing store displays that the person wanted to look like a kid's marker note to mom or dad. It has its uses ... nothing good ... but uses none the less.