• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe Acrobat?

knucklehead

I'm not an Adobe user, but I'm downloading the old free stuff. What is 'Acrobat'? What uses would it be for? Thanks Mike

OADesign

Best feature IMO is it adds a printer driver so that you can "Print" to a PDF file. I use it daily to create proofs. Also great for creating/separating multipage PDFs.

WildWestDesigns

Best feature IMO is it adds a printer driver so that you can "Print" to a PDF file. I use it daily to create proofs. Also great for creating/separating multipage PDFs.

CutePDF also does a good job if the printer driver is the big thing that you are looking for.

J Hill Designs

cutePDF is alot faster at generating them too IMO.

a good plus with acrobat pro is the advanced editing, where you can change text (to a degree) and delete stuff.

:thumb:

MikePro

viewing .pdfs and combining multiple .pdf/images/documents into a single .pdf are my top uses.
acrobat pro is also very useful in down-saving .pdfs to smaller file sizes

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Way better than those "cute" knockoffs, it's the best thing going. We use it for customer proofs and archiving everything like work orders, invoices, check (payment) scans, bank statements and a gazillion other things. I wouldn't want to be without it.

If you email any sort of document to your customers, you need to have pdf capabilities.

JB

OADesign

Since we are still slinging Acrobat praise,
Here are a few more benies:

Ever have a client send you a weird PDF/Art? You cant open it in other apps. They don't know where it came from? They don't have the original art/logo? It has embedded fonts that you don't have? Or want you to retype that biblical paragraph of regulations?

Or they want you to create a sign say from, An excel doc (chart/graph), A publisher file (Happy BDay Grandma banner), Or that super fresh company logo AKA WordArt?

Print it to a PDF File. Then, from Acrobat >SAVE AS > to your favorite workable format. JPG, TIFF, PNG, EPS even HTML!

I think by know you have a fair about of reviews to make the call...

But make sure you are getting the PRO version to get all the aforementioned features.

WildWestDesigns

Way better than those "cute" knockoffs, it's the best thing going.

I agree with that with the exception of the print driver (which is about the only thing that I use CutePDF for), that is better then the Adobe one due to how Adobe acts with one of my programs.

I do like the Adobe Maker plugin that goes with outlook (only reason that I use Outlook), so I can archive multiple emails into one searchable indexed pdf file (attachments included).

I agree with either the Standard or the Pro version (I use Pro, but it's the older Pro with CS5). Standard isn't too bad, it really just depends on what your needs are. I do like the "typewriter" and being able to sign directly in the document (especially handy if you have a cintiq).