Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Filters in Flexi Pro 8.1v1

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by PMG, May 24, 2007.

1. PMG

PMG Very Active Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Can Adobe Filters be added to Flexi along with the ones that are already in Flexi?

Tags:
  2. mbarden

mbarden Active Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Iowa
    Yup. They are accessable with your regualr filters. You need to make sure they are going in the default location. I have some Alien Skin filters that I apply in Flexi 8.1v1

Mike B

3. PMG

PMG Very Active Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Thanks for the reply!!!!

4. PMG

PMG Very Active Member

Feb 1, 2005
    They don't seem to show up,i have placed them in both the plugins and filter folders within Flexi and its not showing up in Flexi after restarting..........what am i doing wrong,all i wannt to do is add the drop shadow filter into Flexi!!

5. PMG

PMG Very Active Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Anyone have any tips on getting this to work????:thankyou:

6. cinemasign.grafix

cinemasign.grafix Member

Aug 14, 2005
    Also you must have a bitmap selected before they show up.

7. Ron Helliar

Ron Helliar Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Coming from the Mac side and 7.7v2. Never been able to have flexi pickup any other than specialty ones I loaded into photoshop. CS2 or 3.

8. cinemasign.grafix

cinemasign.grafix Member

Aug 14, 2005
    Have to load in Photoshop - designate file path in flexi preferences to adobe plug -ins.

9. PMG

PMG Very Active Member

Feb 1, 2005
    I cant even get the plugin i put in flexi to show up in Flexi even working with a bitmap !!!!!! What folder do you all put the plugins into?

10. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    You can use the preferences to point to the adobe plugins.

P

11. Ron Helliar

Ron Helliar Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Yes, you are locating them correctly. And it would appear that version 8 is still no better at picking up and using the stock PS plugin filters. I think I'll continue our move to creative suite. Flexi still cuts the heck out of vinyl though...

12. PMG

PMG Very Active Member

Feb 1, 2005
    I can get the Photoshop plugs to work ,but cant get Flexi to load Illustrator plugins, like the drop shadow to work!!!

13. high impact

high impact Very Active Member

I did the same thing originally and flexi never did see them. So I put them in photoshop cs2 and set preferences to adobe plugins. Mine work but will not print correctly or show up correctly in flexi 8 (and that is why I upgraded from 7.6). They work great in photoshop though.