• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop settings

sfr table hockey

When you have to reset your preferences in Illustrator and Photoshop, what are the first things you change back to how you like to use them.

For me I did not know about the Scale stroke and Effects. Made things a lot easier all of a sudden.

I am wondering what other setting I might be missing.

Thanks

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
When I reset photoshop I invariably have to re-load all my actions, custom textures and custom brushes. Hopefully you saved them outside of photoshop so it's an easy process.

sfr table hockey

When I reset photoshop I invariably have to re-load all my actions, custom textures and custom brushes. Hopefully you saved them outside of photoshop so it's an easy process.

Yes I did back up the Illustrator files but your advice reminds me to make sure I have done photoshop as well.

Still just wanting to hear if there are other check boxes to make sure you either have checked or in some case unchecked.

For example the "scale strokes and effects" why would you not want this checked as default. But it's not.

Bump for the weekend

mikey-Oh

In the preferences I set all units to inches.
Under the type settings in Illy, I uncheck "Enable Missing Glyph Protection"

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I haven't reset illustrator in ages so I don't remember what it's called. but I always uncheck the box that lets you redraw lines if they are selected. drives me nuts.

sfr table hockey

Photoshop

Just tried the "Snap" found under the view tab and after snap is checked make sure snap to (guides and Document bounds) are checked. A lot easier to line up shapes with each other.

Illustrator is similar but the lines don't show up to show when you are lined up.

Custom_Grafx

Photoshop

Just tried the "Snap" found under the view tab and after snap is checked make sure snap to (guides and Document bounds) are checked. A lot easier to line up shapes with each other.

Illustrator is similar but the lines don't show up to show when you are lined up.

Illustrator should show lines when you're lined up. Ctrl+U (show/hide). I think it's called smart guides.

I also use ctrl+H often (show/hide outline boundaries)... and ctrl+Y (toggle outline mode).

I guess if I had to do a clean install, one of the most important things would be the roland cut/perf cut swatches and the roland colour swatches.

I also have templates for the roland at fixed widths and graphic styles, so that I don't need to enter the page width, or waste time applying colours and the such.

I just go to the graphic styles palette, choose "cut" style (which you have to create urself), and start creating the artwork.

Same goes for print dialog - create a preset for your roland or whatever you use, so that your colour and flattener settings are always the same. (the only thing you will need to adjust for every job, is the page size, which is only one click from the dropdown menu).