Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Illustrator CS5, help, how to?

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by deadman, Jun 25, 2014.

1. deadman

deadman Member

Dec 27, 2007
    I am using CS5, and I can get around in there ok, but I am having trouble finding what I need in the help menu. I would like to repeat a decal I have designed vertically and horizontally so that I can make a file for printing on my wide format printer. I for the life of me can't find a command to do so. I am used to using Gerber, which makes this process very simple. How do I do this in Illustrator?

Thanks in advance

Josh

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    effect -> distort and transform -> transform

3. mpn

mpn Active Member

Aug 6, 2011
    double click your selection tool and type in your needed measurements to step and repeat.

1.set measurements
    2.select copy
    3.Command d to duplicate your image

4. DKgrafix

DKgrafix Very Active Member

If you use this option, the little trick is that you basically have only one copy in the file.
    Whatever edits on the original you make, they will reflect on the rest of the copies.

On the second suggestion, to double click selection tool while you have object selected. Instead of double clicking on the tool in the toolbar, just press return/enter while you have object selected. you will get the same dialog box

5. mpn

mpn Active Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Learn something new everyday. Thanks! :thumb:

6. peavey123

peavey123 Active Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    Another useful shortcut is CTRL D. (duplicate) So you'd select your object, press ALT(copies object) & drag object to desired location, then CTRL D to duplicate what you just did.

7. deadman

deadman Member

Dec 27, 2007
    thanks all!!