• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe Illustrator CS5, help, how to?

deadman

I am using CS5, and I can get around in there ok, but I am having trouble finding what I need in the help menu. I would like to repeat a decal I have designed vertically and horizontally so that I can make a file for printing on my wide format printer. I for the life of me can't find a command to do so. I am used to using Gerber, which makes this process very simple. How do I do this in Illustrator?

Thanks in advance

Josh

mpn

double click your selection tool and type in your needed measurements to step and repeat.

1.set measurements
2.select copy
3.Command d to duplicate your image

Dennis422

effect -> distort and transform -> transform

If you use this option, the little trick is that you basically have only one copy in the file.
Whatever edits on the original you make, they will reflect on the rest of the copies.

On the second suggestion, to double click selection tool while you have object selected. Instead of double clicking on the tool in the toolbar, just press return/enter while you have object selected. you will get the same dialog box

mpn

If you use this option, the little trick is that you basically have only one copy in the file.
Whatever edits on the original you make, they will reflect on the rest of the copies.

On the second suggestion, to double click selection tool while you have object selected. Instead of double clicking on the tool in the toolbar, just press return/enter while you have object selected. you will get the same dialog box

Learn something new everyday. Thanks! :thumb:

peavey123

Another useful shortcut is CTRL D. (duplicate) So you'd select your object, press ALT(copies object) & drag object to desired location, then CTRL D to duplicate what you just did.