Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Illustrator Problems...

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by seaviewsigns, Nov 17, 2006.

1. seaviewsigns

seaviewsigns Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Hey Guys,

I'm having a problem with my Illustrator CS2 running on a Mac using OSX. The program starts fine but when I try to open a file it stalls the program. When I force quit the dialog box says that Illi is not responding. I haven't installed any new fonts or anything else that would possibly foul the program.

Any thoughts on what the problem may be? Should I try to reinstall the program?

Thanks,
    Cory

Tags:
  2. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    trash the preferences file. You will lose saved settings like palette positions and various other defaults you've made changes to, but that is always a place to start.

You can also create a new user account, login and try opening up Illustrator under that user name. If it starts ok, then something is fouled up in your regular user account. That way you know it is not the program and can rule out a reinstall.

3. Bill Modzel

Bill Modzel Active Member

It never hurts to quit the apps and in your utilities folder, boot disk utility and run repair permissions. You should make it a practice to do this before you install any app.

4. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    how long has it been loaded? Was it ever working right?