• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe Illustrator Problems...

seaviewsigns

Hey Guys,

I'm having a problem with my Illustrator CS2 running on a Mac using OSX. The program starts fine but when I try to open a file it stalls the program. When I force quit the dialog box says that Illi is not responding. I haven't installed any new fonts or anything else that would possibly foul the program.

Any thoughts on what the problem may be? Should I try to reinstall the program?

Thanks,
Cory

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
trash the preferences file. You will lose saved settings like palette positions and various other defaults you've made changes to, but that is always a place to start.

You can also create a new user account, login and try opening up Illustrator under that user name. If it starts ok, then something is fouled up in your regular user account. That way you know it is not the program and can rule out a reinstall.

Bill Modzel

It never hurts to quit the apps and in your utilities folder, boot disk utility and run repair permissions. You should make it a practice to do this before you install any app.