• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe Muse

Marie

I really appreciate all the the input. Thank you, Pat, for an encouraging example! We are seriously considering the cloud subscription so that we can really work with this program.

signswi

If you can't code a site on a piece of paper you shouldn't be using development environments yet, you aren't at that stage of learning. Muse, Dreamweaver, whatever, development environments are for people who have already learned the basics and can write markup naturally or you end up with a pile that fails on some level or another.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Maybe the next version (or non-beta) will be better but as mentioned before it does not do very well at SEO. A quick google search seems to confirm this fact, if you avoid Adobe's self serving reviews of the product

Locals Find!

If you can't code a site on a piece of paper you shouldn't be using development environments yet, you aren't at that stage of learning. Muse, Dreamweaver, whatever, development environments are for people who have already learned the basics and can write markup naturally or you end up with a pile that fails on some level or another.

:goodpost::thumb:

Pat Whatley

If you can't code a site on a piece of paper you shouldn't be using development environments yet,

You sound like OP saying he used to test "designers" by giving them a pencil and telling them to draw a stick figure.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
There's a lot of people who can code web sites with Notepad who have no real talent or expertise at graphic design. Yet many pass themselves off as if they're professional graphic designers. Then guys like me get to fix the "art" they generate when the customer needs a sign using some of the same elements.

David Wright

We all like to feather our own nests I guess.
So many areas are increasingly being encroached on by advances in technology which put the power in the hands of the end consumer and take away another source of revenue from trained professionals.

We all should know what that is like. Not to say that it is a improvement on the end product because it is not. People who print, design or even fabricate their own sign do themselves no favor by doing so. Is this so for us non html, webcoders who use these webdesign packages?

signswi

You sound like OP saying he used to test "designers" by giving them a pencil and telling them to draw a stick figure.

Or I'm a guy with a web development background and friends at every major technology company. It's dead normal to test incoming hires by having them write code without the help of an IDE.

signswi

There's a lot of people who can code web sites with Notepad who have no real talent or expertise at graphic design. Yet many pass themselves off as if they're professional graphic designers. Then guys like me get to fix the "art" they generate when the customer needs a sign using some of the same elements.

Which is why they're two separate disciplines (actually dozens of disciplines) and it's rare to find a true rock star in both realms.

visual800

However, I'm predicting the flood gates are going to burst wide open here and anyone who thinks they can design will assume that the software makes the designer and start creating poor websites.. It's kind of similar to what has happened in the sign industry. There are some real down sides of making an industry too accessible for anyone to try.

Yep thats what will happen and now not only will signs look like crap so will websites

Pat Whatley

Hey, if the crappy sign matches the crappy $99 logo which matches the crappy website then you can just call it BRANDING.

Rusty Sign

I've used Dreamweaver, Wordpress, and Weebly (for clients who don't have much money to spend), but now I use Drupal. Actually I use Drupal Gardens which is much easier to learn. Check out Square Space too.

jkdbjj

Where are options to configure SEO? You can design a pretty site all you want with no code, but it's useless if nobody can find it while doing a google search. :rolleyes:
From what I am learning, you can take any site, that isn't flash, and make it rank well. Code is not as important as people think. I mean don't get me wrong I realize it is important, but more so for national and international players that are trying to out rank the world.
If you are a sign shop doing local work, getting number 1 or at least on the 1st page, is much easier than most realize. It takes effort, but it is doable with a pile of garbage if needed.

J

john1

Where are options to configure SEO? You can design a pretty site all you want with no code, but it's useless if nobody can find it while doing a google search. :rolleyes:

Just installed Muse today. Click page properties on the master template and you can select meta data. All the SEO areas you need :)

Sweet site btw Raap Signs :)

Pat Whatley

Doesn't matter....you're not coding it so it's going to suck no matter what it looks like or how well it performs. Didn't you read the posts?

J

john1

Hmm i guess your referring to Addie?

Here is where you can do some SEO on each page

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 154