• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe Photoshop Text Size

taco

Hello ALL,

I wanted to know if there was a way to increase the text beyond the 1296? I have tried to create it in Illustrator and then open in PS and still retains the same size. Thank you for your time.......

TaCo

iSign

If you can do the typesetting entirely in Illustrator, and if this is for a sign, then I'd set up a rectangle (or whatever panel shape) as a keyline in illustrator... then I'd set me type at full size. (unless this is some huge sign that exceeds Illustrators size capacity)

If you export the file as a .tiff (or a .psd) you can set you resolution in the process & then open in Photoshop at the right size.

I think if you could explain exactly what you're trying to do a little better you might get better clues. Right now it's a little vague, but I do all my typesetting in Illustrator anyway.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
You can create a scalable vector-based work path of any typographic object within Photoshop. Resizing the image will scale the paths too.

You can copy vector paths from Illustrator and paste them into Photoshop via the clipboard. The paths can be pasted as pixels, a smart object or vector paths in Photoshop's paths palette. I often take billboard designs done at scale within Illustrator, paste the vector art into Photoshop and the resize the Photoshop image to full size.

The only downside to using Photoshop's paths palette is you have to select the paths and re-apply any fills. But that process can go very quickly. And the paths take up a lot less file space than a bunch of alpha channels.

taco

Hello,
to give you an examle, I created numbers on a modified stock car and the were too small, I need to increase them to be bigger but it is limited, I even tried to convert to vector so then it would not think it was text any more....Thank you for your time

TaCo

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Are you trying to lay the type over an image of the stock car?

To create vector paths out of type objects in Photoshop, select the text layer, go to the Layers menu, click "Type" and choose "Create Work Path" from the flyout menu. Open the Paths Palette and select the new work path that has been created. Go to the Edit menu and choose "Transform" or "Free Transform" to resize the vectorized type object to the size you need it to be.

Be sure to save work paths by renaming them to something else. Every time you create a new "work path" it will erase anything else called "work path" in the paths palette.

When you're happy with how everything looks, go to the File menu, click on "Export" and choose "Paths to Illustrator" to export the paths from Photoshop in Illustrator format for use in other drawing programs or sign making programs. The paths will have no fills or outline strokes on them when imported; you'll have to apply them once you bring them into another application.