• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advanced Artist Training - Anyone use this?

Doyle

I am about to buy the Tom Knight Advanced Artist Training DVD Bundle (www.advancedartist.com) for CorelDraw, just wondering if anyone here has used it or has any comments about it. Just from the freebie section on his site I am impressed. I just ordered equipment to start screening shirts at my shop and really want to learn Corel a little better, as I am sure it will be the main design program that I will use for shirts, as it seems to be the industry standard. Any input is appreciated

jhines1284

I love my DVD bundle from Tom, he definately knows his stuff when it comes to Corel, like you said just from his free tutorials you learn so much more then your average how to book. I highly recommend it. Your productively will definately increase in the long run.

neato

Yep, Tom is the Corel master. He explains things very clearly. I'm ALWAYS learning something new from his site.

Craig Sjoquist

wow thanks never heard of tom ..I got unleashed versions.... and it is good but wants more cause I've not learned enough

git r dun

ovrcafnatd

I can't believe it (cause' I'm NOT a shopper) but I just purchased the set too!
I hope it's as good as it looks -
he does dig in pretty deep with the free vids he's got on site
so here's hoping.

Doyle

I don't think that 2 weeks is ridiculous, the program is similar to Flexi in many ways, in which I am most fluent. It doesn't take me long to catch on to things.... maybe you're right though, maybe I will have to practice for years just to fully understand the program?????

OldPaint

flexi is a SIGN SPECIFIC program. COREL IS A DESKTOP PUBLISHING PROGRAM that will do SIGNS.
big diff............i havent seen the videos, wasnt available with COREL 3))))))).
i have been in corel since 1992 and i will say I STILL CAN FIND THINGS it does that i never knew.
i talk to a lot of people from here and other bb's about setting up ROLANDS to cut direct from COREL. i figured this out back in 92 when i was told IT WONT WORK by many sign people. i now have a ROLAND CX-300 and corel X3.... and do anything i need to with nothing more.
one thing i always tell people ...pick a version of corel....say X3 DRAW, and give yourself at least a year...to learn the aspects OF WHAT YOU WILL USE....and another year for all the other things it will do))))))))))))
And i have no use for PHOTOSHOP, as the PHOTOPAINT is as good if not better(since its all i use)