Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advanced Artist Training - Anyone use this?

Discussion in 'Corel' started by Doyle, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Doyle

Doyle Very Active Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Michigan
    I am about to buy the Tom Knight Advanced Artist Training DVD Bundle (www.advancedartist.com) for CorelDraw, just wondering if anyone here has used it or has any comments about it. Just from the freebie section on his site I am impressed. I just ordered equipment to start screening shirts at my shop and really want to learn Corel a little better, as I am sure it will be the main design program that I will use for shirts, as it seems to be the industry standard. Any input is appreciated

Tags:
  2. jhines1284

jhines1284 Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I love my DVD bundle from Tom, he definately knows his stuff when it comes to Corel, like you said just from his free tutorials you learn so much more then your average how to book. I highly recommend it. Your productively will definately increase in the long run.

3. neato

neato Very Active Member

May 16, 2003
    Henderson, IL
    Yep, Tom is the Corel master. He explains things very clearly. I'm ALWAYS learning something new from his site.

4. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Yes I have it and he explains things very well!

5. Doyle

Doyle Very Active Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Michigan
    thanks! hopefully, I will be a Corel master in a couple weeks

6. Air Art Girl

Air Art Girl Very Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    It is the best!!!!!!!!
    I have learned so much more about Photo Paint, who needs PhotoShop?

7. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    wow thanks never heard of tom ..I got unleashed versions.... and it is good but wants more cause I've not learned enough

git r dun

8. ovrcafnatd

ovrcafnatd Very Active Member

Jul 16, 2003
    I can't believe it (cause' I'm NOT a shopper) but I just purchased the set too!
    I hope it's as good as it looks -
    he does dig in pretty deep with the free vids he's got on site
    so here's hoping.

9. Service Sign Co

Service Sign Co Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Southaven
  10. rcook99

rcook99 Very Active Member

May 25, 2006
    NE
    I have also been considering the purchase of the dvd set and look forward to what others have to say.

11. knucklehead

knucklehead Active Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Yep, to all the above. Highly recommended!

12. Scubadog

Scubadog Member

Jan 13, 2005
    New Castle, IN
    I have it and have learned a great deal from it. I would recommend it to everyone.

13. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA TO FUNNY....(the time line)

14. Service Sign Co

Service Sign Co Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Southaven
    Hell OP we could have learnt a lot quicker if they had videos back in the day

15. scuba_steve2699

scuba_steve2699 Member

Dec 11, 2006
    by far it is the best training video set I have ever used!

16. Doyle

Doyle Very Active Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Michigan
    I don't think that 2 weeks is ridiculous, the program is similar to Flexi in many ways, in which I am most fluent. It doesn't take me long to catch on to things.... maybe you're right though, maybe I will have to practice for years just to fully understand the program?????

17. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

flexi is a SIGN SPECIFIC program. COREL IS A DESKTOP PUBLISHING PROGRAM that will do SIGNS.
    big diff............i havent seen the videos, wasnt available with COREL 3))))))).
    i have been in corel since 1992 and i will say I STILL CAN FIND THINGS it does that i never knew.
    i talk to a lot of people from here and other bb's about setting up ROLANDS to cut direct from COREL. i figured this out back in 92 when i was told IT WONT WORK by many sign people. i now have a ROLAND CX-300 and corel X3.... and do anything i need to with nothing more.
    one thing i always tell people ...pick a version of corel....say X3 DRAW, and give yourself at least a year...to learn the aspects OF WHAT YOU WILL USE....and another year for all the other things it will do))))))))))))
    And i have no use for PHOTOSHOP, as the PHOTOPAINT is as good if not better(since its all i use)