• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

advanced Flexi question

EternalAudio

Advanced because I know you should be able to do this... however.... HOW?!?!

Example...

I have 1000 circles at .25" each. I would like to resize them all individually from center point of EACH circle to .20" WITHOUT technically resizing the entire design. (If that makes sense?)
I want each circles center point to stay where they are, so the final product will have a larger whitespace around each circle to one another.

I think this SHOULD be possible, however I have not been able to find anything that is able to do this.

Any help is always greatly appreciated.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Do this...

Press the 'd' key, just 'd', no ctl, alt, or anything, just 'd'. Or do Edit->Select->Select By Attributes. Either way this will display the 'Select By Attributes' dialog.

On the first tab of this dialog check the box for 'Circles'

Press the OK button.

Now all the circles should be selected.

On the third tab of the Design Central dialog set the new radius for all of the selected, select 'Center Radius/ in the drop down menu and then enter whatever you want for a radius for all of the selected circles. In your case, assuming you're talking about a .2" diameter, enter .1.

As if by magic, the radius of all selected circles is set to .1" and none of the center points will have moved.

EternalAudio

And what if the "Circles" are actually photos of a head, or "masked"? As now there is no third tab on DC

Do this...

Press the 'd' key, just 'd', no ctl, alt, or anything, just 'd'. Or do Edit->Select->Select By Attributes. Either way this will display the 'Select By Attributes' dialog.

On the first tab of this dialog check the box for 'Circles'

Press the OK button.

Now all the circles should be selected.

On the third tab of the Design Central dialog set the new radius for all of the selected, select 'Center Radius/ in the drop down menu and then enter whatever you want for a radius for all of the selected circles. In your case, assuming you're talking about a .2" diameter, enter .1.

As if by magic, the radius of all selected circles is set to .1" and none of the center points will have moved.

player

Except there are supposed to be faces "masked" inside the circles,
But besides that, yours would also work perfectly.

I guess I don't understand... You want to delete but you can't, enlarge but you can't...

Could you copy all the existing circles, then enlarge the copied circles? Maybe make the old ones white to hide the if necessary?

Are the images all the same? If so, change one to the way you want and use multi copies to make your 200 again...?

visual800

jesus christ! lol

I tell you what do, first off post a pic of what you are dealing with.

2nd delete everything you have done and start over! yes it sucks but it appears to be the only way to resolve this

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If you have Illustrator you could drop it in there
Select all -> Object -> Transform -> Transform each -> scale proportionality (80) -> done.

wayne k
guam usa

bob

And what if the "Circles" are actually photos of a head, or "masked"? As now there is no third tab on DC

What if? You want to play 'what if'? What if the 'circles' were actually a collection of views of a bandicoot's butt hole?

You said 'circles' which is a very specific construct in Flexi. You wanted to alter the radius but only a circle possesses a radius, not simple something that appears to be round. If you select objects in Flexi and there is no third tab on the Design Central dialog then the objects which are selected are not all of the same type or are not collectively editable. Hence you are not dealing with a collection of circles. Ergo your original post was incorrect.

If you want a good answer you have to be able to ask a good question.

EternalAudio

If you have Illustrator you could drop it in there
Select all -> Object -> Transform -> Transform each -> scale proportionality (80) -> done.

wayne k
guam usa

Ah! Got it. That works perfectly. Thanks so much. I assume that Flexi has no way possible to do this exact thing?

EternalAudio

What if? You want to play 'what if'? What if the 'circles' were actually a collection of views of a bandicoot's butt hole?

You said 'circles' which is a very specific construct in Flexi. You wanted to alter the radius but only a circle possesses a radius, not simple something that appears to be round. If you select objects in Flexi and there is no third tab on the Design Central dialog then the objects which are selected are not all of the same type or are not collectively editable. Hence you are not dealing with a collection of circles. Ergo your original post was incorrect.

If you want a good answer you have to be able to ask a good question.

And had you read the last reply before you felt the need to post about bandicoot buttholes, you would have seen that the question had already been answered properly. But hey. Free country. Looks like my question was good enough for someone to actually answer without a smartass comment

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Ah! Got it. That works perfectly. Thanks so much. I assume that Flexi has no way possible to do this exact thing?

I gave it a try in my copy of flexi 8.6 but could not get it to work. Maybe someone with an up to date copy and a better flexi skill set has a way.

wayne k
guam usa

bob

And had you read the last reply before you felt the need to post about bandicoot buttholes, you would have seen that the question had already been answered properly. But hey. Free country. Looks like my question was good enough for someone to actually answer without a smartass comment

Well then sport, what your regard as a 'proper answer' didn't answer your question. You posed your problem in Flexi, not Illustrator and then engaged in spirited a rubber of 'what if' changing the parameters of your original query. Apparently your concept of a 'proper answer' and my own vary considerably.

I do smart and I do smartass with equal agility. What you get depends very much on what you have to say. As previously noted, if you want a good answer then ask a good question.

EternalAudio

Well then sport, what your regard as a 'proper answer' didn't answer your question. You posed your problem in Flexi, not Illustrator and then engaged in spirited a rubber of 'what if' changing the parameters of your original query. Apparently your concept of a 'proper answer' and my own vary considerably.

I do smart and I do smartass with equal agility. What you get depends very much on what you have to say. As previously noted, if you want a good answer then ask a good question.

Actually if you were to read my last line in my post, I had said "I have not been able to find anything that is able to do this"

A "proper answer" I consider to be one that helps find a solution to the actual problem, even if the initial question was perceived by some people to mean one specific thing.

I never specifically said the answer to my question MUST be in Flexi. And since you are trying to be very specific about everything, GAC05 had a proper answer to get what I wanted done, done. He can apparently do "smart" a little better than others, as he was able to figure out the actual problem and post an actual solution.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
It's funny....I log in to this forum for entertainment more than actual information lately....and I'm never disappointed.

Matthew Scher

if the circles are paths you can still do this.

Select them all then Arrange>Convert to Shape>Oval

Now you can see a third tab in DesignCentral and size them all individually at the same time.